Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dews and Doughnuts

Sometimes, lifelong lessons are compacted into one sentence. Today in class, we went through the do's and do not's of being an educator. It was mostly an overview of what we learned this semester, but was a great reminder as to what we need to do as teachers to be successful. It's a reminder that if we fail, we must get back up and try something different. A reminder that teachers never stop learning, and our reward is our students and that we wake up every day for them. It's a reminder that we must always stay positive and always be there whenever a student is in need. I want my students to move on and look back and think that time spent in my classroom was not wasted. I want them to think that Mr. Woodin was a teacher to remember and take memories from my class that will last them a lifetime. After today, I was never so sure that I wanted to teach... I just can't wait to actually start teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment